Sunday, February 6, 2011

IT'S PANDA-RIFIC! ^_^


o.k. dear friends, here is the first finished assignment of my LAST semester at CCAD. eek, scary stuff, huh?
Anyways, this is for my Humorous Illustration class. We had to design a bus ad for the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium.

so . . . what is my favorite animal (that the zoo just so happens to have TWO of?)
A RED PANDA! that's where i started, because of course i want a reason to draw something so gosh darn adorable. ^_^

Here is my COLOR COMP:

and now the beginning of the FINAL:




starting off by laying down some color . . .


now add some blue . . .

BAM! all the watercolor is done.



and PRESTO! the final is finished after colored pencil is applied. ^_^


have a GREAT day!

5 comments:

  1. Super cute! And of course I love good word play. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should really submit this to the CbS zoo and see if they would pay to use it! It is sooo uber adorable!

    ReplyDelete